Subscribe to ENERGY-L
Articles by Regions
IISD's Knowledge Management
IISD RS Meeting Coverage
About the ENERGY-L Mailing List
- What is ENERGY-L?
- What is posted on ENERGY-L?
- How do I subscribe to ENERGY-L?
- How do I access postings to ENERGY-L?
- How do I post a message to ENERGY-L?
- How do I unsubscribe from ENERGY-L?
- Who should I contact if I require Technical Support?
ENERGY-L is a community announcement list for policy makers and practitioners involved in sustainable energy policy. This free knowledge-sharing tool is managed and moderated by the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) Reporting Services. ENERGY-L is a peer-to-peer service meant to advance understanding of issues related to sustainable energy by allowing subscribers to post announcements related to activities with a strong focus on sustainable energy policy. ENERGY-L offers users a tool to better publicize and coordinate their efforts through virtual knowledge exchange.
Postings include sustainable energy policy news, announcements of workshops/conferences, job listings and information on new publications and online resources. Postings also include the Sustainable Energy Update, a compilation of items recently posted to the Sustainable Energy Policy & Practice knowledgebase, which was also developed by IISD.
The listserve is moderated by IISD, and only announcements that satisfy the following guidelines will be distributed to subscribers:
- All postings should be announcements appropriate for an international audience that have a connection to sustainable energy policy and/or practice: i.e. best practices or research results in mitigation or adaptation activities and related technologies, announcements or outcomes of clean energy-related meetings or sessions/side events at energy meetings, relevant job postings, publications and online resources;
- No press releases or postings that are commercial in nature, personal statements, news stories, polemic statements or postings intended to create discussion will be cleared for distribution to the list;
- Postings should include the internet address for large documents (URLs) rather than including attached files. If possible do not send file attachments. If you must attach a file, small PDF files under 200 kb are always recommended. Any message larger than 500kb is rejected by our software.
To subscribe to the ENERGY-L listserve, enter your email address below.
It is recommended that you set a password when subscribing, to protect your settings and prevent others from posting on your behalf.
To do this, after subscribing,
- Go to your Membership Options at https://lists.iisd.ca/read/all_forums/
- In the upper right corner of the page click on ‘not logged in’
- Enter the e-mail address you have subscribed with in our lists
- Click on ENERGY-L
- Click on ‘my account’ in the left hand menu
- Choose ‘advanced’
- Enter the password and save the changes made
- Log out
To receive ENERGY-L postings in your email, subscribe to the ENERGY-L listserve as described above.
To read ENERGY-L postings online, and to access older posts, visit the ENERGY-L listserve Archive.
Any ENERGY-L subscriber can post to the list. Just send the message to ENERGY-L@lists.iisd.ca (in exactly the format that you would like it to be distributed to the list). If your message fits within the guidelines, the moderator will approve it for distribution to all the members of the list.
To unsubscribe from ENERGY-L, visit [Membership Options] at https://lists.iisd.ca/read/all_forums/. This link is available at the bottom of every message posted to ENERGY-L.
Log in with the e-mail address you have used to subscribe to ENERGY-L. Then:
- Click on ‘not logged in’ button in upper right corner of page
- Enter password (if you set one when you subscribed)
- Click on the ‘unsubscribe’ option next ENERGY-L.
Alternatively, each message includes an ‘unsubscribe’ option in the bottom footnote, which you can select.
If you have any difficulty unsubscribing, please contact IISD RS <iisd-rs at iisd dot org>.
If you require Technical Support, please contact IISD RS <iisd-rs at iisd dot org>.